Pursuant to the changes brought about by the General Data Protection Regulations which come into effect on 25thMay 2018
Important: By submitting personal data to us and/or by using the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cornwall website you give your consent that all personal data that you submit may be processed by us in the manner and for the purposes described below.
We are continually improving our methods of communication and because of these ongoing changes, changes in the law and the changing nature of technology, our data protection practices will change from time to time. If and when our data practices change, we will notify you accordingly.
Collection of personal data including email addresses
You may choose to receive information or services from us. When you contact us, we request personal information about you such as your name, postal address, email address and telephone number. The information you provide is either manually or electronically stored.
Use of personal data
We will use your personal data to fulfil your instructions and requirements and we will ask only for data that is adequate, relevant and not excessive for those purposes. Where we send you information for any purpose, it may be sent by email or post. When we ask you for personal data it may be for any of the following purposes:
- To contact you to inform you of our services or events
- To send you regular updates on issues we think will be of interest to you
- To send you requested information on our people and services
- To use your personal data in connection with your access to information and materials on our website
- To administer this website and help us improve our services
- To use your personal data in relation to or arising from our events and publications.
- To issue invoices, manage accounts and records, and collection of payments and debts.
We hope you will be pleased with our information and services. However, if you do not wish to receive emails from us and want to be removed from our electronic mailing list, please email us at the address given below with “email unsubscribe” in the subject heading.
If you also wish to be removed from our postal database, please let us know by emailing us at the address given below with “mail unsubscribe” in the subject heading or writing to us at the address given below.
Anonymous data collection via our website
In addition to the information we collect as described above, we use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. For example, our web server automatically logs which pages of our website our visitors view, their IP addresses and which web browsers they use. This technology does not personally identify you – it simply enables us to compile statistics about our visitors and their use of our website.
Our website contains hyperlinks to other pages on our website. We may use technology to track how often these links are used and which pages on our website our visitors choose to view. Again this technology does not identify you personally – it simply enables us to compile statistics about the use of these hyperlinks.
Disclosure of your personal data
Data access and corrections
Upon receipt of your written request and enough information to permit us to identify your personal data, we will disclose to you the personal data we hold about you, for which we may make a charge up to the maximum as allowed by applicable law. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal data that is inaccurate.
Requests to delete personal data are subject to any applicable legal and ethical reporting or document retention obligations imposed on us.
Links to other websites
The Charities of the Provincial Grand lodge of Cornwall collects the following personal information from freemasons:
- Name and contact details, such as address, email and phone number(s).
- Donation details.
How do the Charities of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cornwall use personal information:
- To operate the charities and provide Freemasons with event management and other services they request.
- For internal record keeping.
- To provide Cornish Freemasons with updated information on the charities on a regular basis.
- (Lawful) due to legislation of the Charity Commission and HMRC for Gift Aid purposes.
The Charities of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cornwall will not share freemasons’ personal information without consent, except:
- Where it is necessary to share with a service provider, in order to provide freemasons with services they have requested, such as customer support or marketing.
- To share it with trusted business partners for the purposes of conducting data analytics or market research on an aggregated or anonymised basis.
- Where the Charities of the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cornwall has a legal obligation to disclose the information (such as responding to a court order), to protect the Provincial Grand Lodge of Cornwall’s legal rights or to prevent fraud or illegal activity.
Records of membership details will be held for 6 years from the end of the membership or until any financial obligations are concluded.
Cookies are used throughout the PGL Cornwall’s website for tracking session data, and this data is discarded automatically on leaving the website. Persistent cookies may also be used to remember Visitor ID if this option is selected.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights, which include your rights to object to our processing of your personal data; request that your personal data is erased or corrected; request access to your personal data.
For more information or to exercise your data protection rights, please contact us using the contact details below. You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office, which regulates the processing of personal data.
The Secretary Cornwall Masonic Charitable Foundation,
7 New Bridge Street, Truro, Cornwall, TR1 2AA.